The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the home furnishings and equipment company The Container Store (NYSE:TCS). As more people are setting up home offices and temporary schools for their kids, sales are soaring. I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening tools to find the stocks with the highest technical buy signals and highest Weighted Alpha, then sorted the list by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month. I then used the Flipchart feature to review the chart for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 9/14 the stock gained 46.79%.
The Container Store Group, Inc. operates as a retailer of storage and organization products and solutions in the United States. It operates through two segments, The Container Store and Elfa. The company provides approximately 11,000 products designed to help customers. Its merchandise category includes Custom Closets, including elfa, Laren, and Avera branded products and installation services, as well as closet lifestyle department products; storage, long-term storage, and shelving; kitchen and trash; office, collections, and hooks; bath, travel, and laundry; gift packaging, seasonal, and impulse; and others. The company also designs, manufactures, and sells component-based shelving and drawer systems that are customizable for any area of the home, such as closets, kitchens, offices, and garages, as well as made-to-measure sliding doors. As of March 28, 2020, it operated 93 stores with an average size of approximately 25,000 square feet in 33 states and the District of Columbia. The company offers its products directly to customers through its website, responsive mobile site, and call center, as well as sells to various retailers and distributors, and on a wholesale basis. The Container Store Group, Inc. was founded in 1978 and is headquartered in Coppell, Texas.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 72.11+ Weighted Alpha
- 64.12% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 11 new highs and up 87.07% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 82.53%
- Technical support level at 6.18
- Recently traded at 7.09 with a 50 day moving average of 4.16
- Market Cap $331 million
- Revenue expected to grow 8.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 342.90% this year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 15.30% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 hold recommendations
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 294 to 48 that the stock will beat the market
- 7,370 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha