The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the medical instruments company Pacific Biosciences of California (NASDAQ:PACB). I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening tools the find the stock with both the highest Weighted Alpha and highest technical buy signals, then sorted the list by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month. I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 8/6 the stock gained 126.72%.
Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. is engaged in the development, manufacture and commercialization of its single molecule, real-time, or SMRT technology-an integrated platform for genetic analysis. The SMRT technology uses the natural processing power of enzymes, combined with specially designed reagents and detection systems, to record individual biochemical events as they occur. The Company's technology platform comprises of the SMRT cells, Phospholinked nucleotides and the PacBio RS (an instrument that conducts, monitors and analyzes single molecule biochemical reactions in real time). Its product will find its application in both research institutions and commercial companies, including genome centers, government and academic institutions, genomic service providers, pharmaceutical companies and agriculture companies. Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 129.30+ Weighted Alpha
- 81.02% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 12 new highs and up 43.41% in the last month
- Relative Strength index 80.37%
- Technical support level at 8.33
- Recently traded at 9.25 with a 50 day moving average of 5.93
- Market Cap $1.38 billion
- Revenue expected to grow 63.10%% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 92.70% this year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 30.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy and 4 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 185 to 27 that the stock will beat the market
- 8,640 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha