The Barchart Chart of the Day goes to the discount retailer Dollar General (NYSE:DG). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's New All-Time High list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart function to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/14 the stock gained 5.04%.
Dollar General Corporation is a discount retailer in the United States. The Company separates its merchandise into four categories, which includes highly consumable, seasonal, home products and basic clothing. Highly consumable consists of packaged food, candy, snacks and refrigerated products, health and beauty aids, home cleaning supplies and pet supplies; seasonal consists of seasonal and holiday-related items, toys, stationery and hardware; home products consists of house wares and domestics, and basic clothing consists of casual everyday apparel. Dollar General is among the largest retailers of top-quality products made by America's most trusted manufacturers such as Procter & Gamble, Kimberly-Clark, Unilever, Kellogg's, General Mills, Nabisco, Fruit of the Loom, PepsiCo and Coca-Cola. The Company store support center is located in Goodlettsville, Tennessee.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 37.40+ Weighted Alpha
- 31.88% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 8.47% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 63.49%
- Technical support level at 210.41
- Recently traded at 212.29 with a 50 day moving average of 200.41
- Market Cap $53.01 billion
- P/E 22.99
- Dividend yield .68%
- Revenue expected to grow 19.70% this year and another 1.30% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 51.40% this year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 14.79% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 11 strong buy, 2 buy and 4 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 311 to 29 that the stock will beat the market
- 35,830 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha