The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the biofuel company Pacific Ethanol (NASDAQ:PEIX). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the highest Weighted Alpha then used the Flipchart function to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/1 the stock gained 90.75%.
Pacific Ethanol, Inc. produces and markets low-carbon renewable fuels and alcohol products in the United States. The company operates in two segments, Production and Marketing. It produces and markets ethanol; and co-products, such as wet and dry distillers grains, wet and dry corn gluten feed, condensed distillers solubles, corn gluten meal, corn germ, corn oil, dried yeast, and CO2, as well as markets ethanol produced by third parties. The company also offers ethanol transportation, storage, and delivery services through third-party service providers. It sells ethanol to integrated oil companies and gasoline marketers; distillers grains and other feed co-products to dairies and feedlots; and corn oil to poultry and biodiesel customers. The company owns and operates nine ethanol production facilities, including four plants located in the Western states of California, Oregon, and Idaho; and five plants in the Midwestern states of Illinois and Nebraska. Pacific Ethanol, Inc. was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in Sacramento, California.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 433.60+ Weighted Alpha
- 1,314.68% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 10 new highs and up 79.05% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 63.00%
- Technical support level at 8.63
- Recently traded at 8.38 with a 50 day moving average of 5.32
- Market Cap $503 million
- Revenue expected to grow 8.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 127.10% this year, an additional 302.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 20.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 buy recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 411 to 305 that the stock will continue to beat the market
- 10,090 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha