The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the biomedical company Kodiak Sciences (NASDAQ:KOD). I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening tools to find the stocks with the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals. After I sorted for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent prices appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/14 the stock gained 66.67%.
Kodiak Sciences Inc. operates as a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company. It specializes in novel therapeutics to treat chronic and retinal diseases. The company's product candidates consists of KSI-301 for wet AMD, KSI-301 for diabetic eye disease, KSI-501 for DME and Uveitis, KSI-201 for treatment resistant wet AMD and KSI-401 for dry AMD which are in clinical stage. Kodiak Sciences Inc. is based in Palo Alto, CA, United States.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signal
- 149.27+ Weighted Alpha
- 376.05% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above it's 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new high and up 70.04% in the last month
- Relative strength Index 76.32%
- Technical support level at 96.30
- Recently traded at 103.35 with a 50 day moving average of 66.67
- Market Cap $4.20 billion
- Although Wall Street analysts issued 6 strong buy, 1 buy and 1 hold recommendation they have not given solid Revenue and Earnings projections
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 14 to 1 that the stock will beat the market
- 2,250 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha