The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the Internet content company Shutterstock (NYSE:SSTK). I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening tools to find the stocks with the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals. After I sorted for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent prices appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 8/31 the stock gained 61.07%.
Shutterstock, Inc., a technology company, provides content, and tools and services in North America, Europe, and internationally. It offers image services consisting of photographs, vectors, and illustrations, which is used in visual communications, such as Websites, digital and print marketing materials, corporate communications, books, publications, and others; footage services, including video clips, filmed by industry experts and cinema grade video effects, and HD and 4K formats that are integrated into Websites, social media, marketing campaigns, and cinematic productions; and music services comprising music tracks and sound effects, which are used to complement digital imagery. The company provides its services under the Shutterstock, Bigstock, Offset, Shutterstock Select, Shutterstock Custom, Shutterstock Editorial, and Shutterstock Music and PremiumBeat names, as well as Superior search, Application programming interface, and Editor and Editor Pro tools to enhance workflow and project management needs, and search capabilities. It serves marketing professionals and organizations, media and broadcast companies, and small and medium-sized businesses through online platform. Shutterstock, Inc. was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in New York, New York.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signal
- 79.30+ Weighted Alpha
- 61.07% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 31.23% gain in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 71.47%
- Technical support level at 66.28
- Recently traded at 70.18 with a 50 day moving average of 56.25
- Market Cap $2.45 billion
- P/E 45.58
- Dividend yield 1.00%
- Revenue expected to grow 1.40% this year and another 7.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 65.00% this year, an additional 18.20% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 20.55% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy and 1 buy recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 48 to 9 that the stock will beat the market
- 2,980 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha