The Chart of the Day belongs to the biotechnology company United Therapeutics (NASDAQ:UTHR). I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening tools to find the stocks with the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals. After I sorted for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent prices appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/14 the stock gained 33.94%.
United Therapeutics Corporation is a biotechnology company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative products to address the unmet medical needs of patients with chronic and life-threatening conditions. United Therapeutics (UT) has an overarching commitment to environmental sustainability. The company's product candidates include Adcirca is a phosphodiesterase 5 (PDE-5) inhibitor indicated for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)(WHO Group 1) to improve exercise ability in PAH patients. Orenitram is a prostacyclin vasodilator indicated for treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) (WHO Group 1) to improve exercise capacity. Remodulin is a prostacyclin vasodilator indicated for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH; WHO Group 1) to diminish symptoms associated with exercise. Tyvaso is a prostacyclin vasodilator indicated for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) (WHO Group 1) to improve exercise ability.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signal
- 62.80+ Weighted Alpha
- 55.89% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 33.94% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 76.92%
- Technical support level at 138.62
- Recently traded at 139.66 with a 50 day moving average of 114.34
- Market Cap $6.23 billion
- P/E 13.18
- Revenue expected to grow .40% this year
- Earnings estimated to increase 632.20% this year
- Wall Street analysts issued 6 strong buy 1 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 237 to 15 that the stock will beat the market
- 8,580 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha
The Barchart Chart of the Day highlights stocks that are experiencing exceptional current price appreciation. They are not intended to be buy recommendations as these stock are extremely volatile and speculative. Should you decide to add one of these stocks to your investment portfolio it is highly suggested you follow a predetermined diversification and moving stop loss discipline that is consistent with your personal investment risk tolerance and reevaluate your stop losses at least on a weekly basis.