The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the quarry and mining company Sociedad Quimica y Minera de Chile (NYSE:SQM). I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening tools to find the stocks with the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals. After I sorted for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent prices appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/7 the stock gained 28.71%.
Sociedad QuÃmica y Minera de Chile S.A. produces and distributes specialty plant nutrients, iodine and its derivatives, lithium and its derivatives, potassium chloride and sulfate, industrial chemicals, and other products and services. The company offers specialty plant nutrients, including potassium nitrate, sodium nitrate, sodium potassium nitrate, specialty blends, and other specialty fertilizers for crops, such as vegetables, fruits, and flowers under the Ultrasol, Qrop, Speedfol, and Allganic brands. It also provides iodine and its derivatives for use in medical, pharmaceutical, agricultural, and industrial applications comprising x-ray contrast media, polarizing films for LCD and LED, antiseptics, biocides and disinfectants, pharmaceutical synthesis, electronics, pigments, and dye components. In addition, the company offers lithium carbonates for various applications that include electrochemical materials for batteries, frits for the ceramic and enamel industries, heat-resistant glass, air conditioning chemicals, continuous casting powder for steel extrusion, primary aluminum smelting process, pharmaceuticals, and lithium derivatives. Further, it supplies lithium hydroxide for the lubricating greases industry, as well as cathodes for batteries. Additionally, it offers potassium chloride and potassium sulfate for various crops; industrial chemicals, including sodium nitrate, potassium nitrate, potassium chloride, and solar salts under the QSodiumNitrate, QPotassiumNitrate, and QPotassiumChloride brands; and other fertilizers and blends. The company sells its products through representative offices and distributors in Chile, North America, Europe, Central and South America, Asia, and internationally. Sociedad QuÃmica y Minera de Chile S.A. was founded in 1968 and is headquartered in Santiago, Chile.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signal
- 121.20+ Weighted Alpha
- 85.55% gain in the last month
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 31.76% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 80.77%
- Technical support level at 44.44
- Recently traded at 45.59 with a 50 day moving average of 35.56
- Market Cap $11.48 billion
- P/E 50.18
- Dividend yield 1.04%
- Revenue expected to grow 20.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 45.60% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 16.70% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 1 buy , 8 hold and 1 under perform recommendations on the stock
- The individual investor following the stock on Motley Fool voted 1,302 to 34 that the stock will beat the market
- 20,140 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha