The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the auto parts company Visteon (NASDAQ:VC). I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening tools to find the stocks with the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals. After I sorted for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent prices appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/14 the stock gained 33.94%.
Visteon Corporation engineers, designs, and manufactures cockpit electronics and connected car solutions for vehicle manufacturers worldwide. The company provides instrument clusters, including standard analog gauge clusters to high-resolution, all-digital, fully reconfigurable, 2-D, and 3-D display-based devices; information displays that integrate a range of user interface technologies and graphics management capabilities; and audio and infotainment systems that allows vehicle occupants to connect their mobile devices to the system and safely access phone functions, listen to music, stream media, and enable mobile connectivity applications. It also offers infotainment solutions, including Phoenix display audio and embedded infotainment platform; telematics control unit to enable secure connected car services, software updates, and data; SmartCore, an automotive-grade, integrated domain controller to enhance efficiency, and reduce power consumption and cost; and head-up displays (HUD), such as combiner HUD and windshield HUD that present critical information to the driver. Visteon Corporation was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Van Buren, Michigan.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 63.05+ Weighted Alpha
- 29.06% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 34.68% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 84.56%
- Technical support level at 116.87
- Recently traded at 120.34 with a 50 day moving average of 86.48
- Market Cap $3.20 billion
- P/E 89.15
- Revenue expected to grow 23.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 332.60% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 35.62% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 7 buy and 8 hold recommendations on the stock
- 3,850 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha