The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the POS software company PAR Technology (NYSE:PAR). I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening tools to find the stocks with the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals. After I sorted for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent prices appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/6 the stock gained 26.55%.
PAR Technology Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides point-of-sale (POS) solutions to restaurants and retail outlets worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Restaurant/Retail and Government. The Restaurant/Retail segment offers POS technology solutions, including cloud-based, software-as-a-service Brink and on-premise POS PixelPoint solutions, and its POS hardware platforms, as well as installation, technical, and maintenance support services. This segment serves restaurants, grocery stores, and specialty retail outlets. The Government segment provides intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance; systems engineering and evaluation; satellite and telecommunications support; space and satellite control support; and information systems support services to the United States Department of Defense and other federal agencies. The company was founded in 1968 and is headquartered in New Hartford, New York.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 170.50+ Weighted Alpha
- 83.27% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 44.68% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 81.96%
- Technical support level at 53.97
- Recently traded at 54.91 with a 50 day moving average of 41.89
- Market Cap $1.18 billion
- Revenue expected to grow 13.80% this year and another 17.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 55.60% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 18.06% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy and 2 buy recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 22 to 1 that the stock will beat the market
- 2,800 investors are monitoirng the stock on Seeking Alpha